FOSS4G, the Free and Open Source Software for Geoespatial and the largest global gathering for geospatial software, is taking place in Prizren, Kosovo, from 26 June to 2 July 2023. During seven days of presentations, discussions, workshops, and cooperation, FOSS4G brings together developers, users, decision-makers and observers from a diverse array of opganizations and fields.
The conference will cover many topics, amongst which:
- FOSS4G implementations in strategic application domains: land management, crisis/disaster response, smart cities, population mapping, climate change, ocean and marine monitoring, etc.
- Data visualization: spatial analysis, manipulation and visualization of geospatial data
- Data collection, data sharing, data science, open data, big data, data exploitation platforms
- Software status, new software/project development, benchmarking
- Sensors, remote sensing, laser-scanning, structure from motion
- New trends: IoT, Indoor mapping, drones, UAV, Artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep learning, geospatial data structures
- Open and reproducible science
- Standards, interoperability, SDIs
- Community & participatory FOSS4G
- FOSS4G at governmental institutions
- FOSS4G in education
- Business products powered by FOSS4G
To register for the conference, click here.
For more infromation on the event, click here.