Regional Center for Mapping of Resources for Development (RCMRD)
The UN-SPIDER Regional Support Office in Kenya is hosted by the Regional Centre for Mapping of Resources for Development (RCMRD).
The UN-SPIDER Regional Support Office hosted by RCMRD has staff with varied expertise in applied geo-informatics and geo-management with the combined experience of more than 35 years of its existence.
Facilities and infrastructure:
RCMRD has 3 computer laboratories, 4MBps up/down Internet, 2 Satellite dishes for products download and state of the art servers for geoprocessing.
- Landsat Products- MSS,TM, ETM (+)
- Envisat Products- MERIS, ASAR, ATSAR
- EUMETSAT Products- MSG, METOP,SAF-LSA, SEVIRI,VGT4Africa, MODIS Fire, etc
- SPOT SCENE Coverage
- QUICKBIRD/WORLDVIEW Coverage
- IKONOS/GEOEYE Coverage, etc
- Selected topographic maps
- Regional vector databases
- CREST hydrological model
- GIS & Remote Sensing and Digital Image Processing
- Global Positioning System (GPS) for general applications & Mobile Mapping/GIS Post Graduate Certificate Course in Application of Earth Observation and GIS in Integrated Water Resources Management
- Digital Photogrammetry
RCMRD, established in 1975, is a premier centre of excellence in the provision of geo-information and allied information communication applications. As part of its mandate, RCMRD, through its programme on early warning, offers capacity building, research, development and innovation services utilizing space technology for disaster risk reduction, disaster management and emergency response.
Get in touch
Dr. Tesfaye Korme
Director Remote Sensing, GIS and Mapping Department
Disaster Lead, RCMRD/SERVIR-Africa
Phone +25472 5816711
Regional Centre for Mapping of Resources for Development
Off Kasarani Road
2014-04-01 - 2014-04-04Royal Center for Remote Sensing
2014-04-15 - 2014-04-16t.b.c.