Asian Disaster Reduction Center (ADRC) Regional Support Office
The Asia Disaster Reduction Center (ADRC) and the United Nations Office of Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA) signed the cooperation agreement on establishment of the ADRC UN-SPIDER Regional Support Office (RSO) on the occasion of the 52nd session of the Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space (COPUOS) on 4th June 2009.
- 11 Technical Staff
- 1 GIS Expert
- GIS Software; Arc GIS 8, Special Analyst
- Internet; Upload 100Mbps, Download 100Mbps
- Sentinel ASIA; https://sentinel.tksc.jaxa.jp
- Disaster Information http://www.adrc.asia/latest/index.php
- Natural Disaster Data Book http://www.adrc.asia/publications/databook/DB2007_e.html
- GLIDE http://glidenumber.net/glide/public/search/search.jsp
- Dispatch of ADRC staff for relevant conference
- Implementation of relevant seminar
The Asian Disaster Reduction Center was established in Kobe, Hyogo prefecture, in 1998, with the mission to enhance disaster resilience of the member countries, to build safe communities, and to creat a society where sustainable development is possible. The Center works to build disaster resilient communities and to establish networks among countries through many programs including personnel exchanges in this field. ADRC has currently 29 member countries in the region and five advisor countries.
Head of Institution:
Atsushi Koresawa (Mr.)
Get in touch
Akira Arakida (Mr.)
Damage Simulation, Disaster Countermeasure and Database
Naoki Yamaguchi (Mr.)
Forest Science, Erosion Control Engineering
Kobe +81 651-0073
2014-04-01 - 2014-04-04Royal Center for Remote Sensing
2014-04-15 - 2014-04-16t.b.c.