Second Meeting of the Global Network of Basins working on Climate Change Adaptation
The second meeting of the global network of basins working on climate change adaptation, which is organized in the framework of the UNECE Convention on the Protection and Use of Transboundary Watercourses and International Lakes (Water Convention) with the cooperation of the International Network of Basin Organizations (INBO), will offer a platform for comparing methodologies and approaches, fostering exchange of experience and promoting a shared vision between the participating basins.
The objectives of the meeting are to review the progress since the first meeting, make decisions on how to facilitate easier information and experience exchange between stakeholders.
Program of the Meeting includes Sessions on:
- Advancing transboundary vulnerability assessments
- Collection of good practices and lessons learned
- Developing basin-wide adaptation strategies and implementing measures
- Ensuring implementation and financing of adaptation strategies through mainstreaming water and climate change perpective into river basin management plans and national adaptation activities
- Continuation of platform for exchanging experience, evaluation of meeting and suggestion of themes for future meetings