hosted by UNOOSA / UN-SPIDER in Bonn, Germany
17-21 May 2010
For further information about WGISS, CEOS, and the meeting go to www.ceos.org
If you require more details about the venue, the meeting or an invitation letter, please send an e-mail to unspider [at] unoosa.org.
WGISS is one of three subgroups supporting the Committee on Earth Observing Satellites (CEOS). CEOS addresses coordination of the satellite Earth Observation (EO) programs of the world's government agencies, along with agencies that receive and process data acquired remotely from space.
The Working Group on Information Systems and Services (WGISS) promotes collaboration in the development of systems and services that manage and supply EO data to users world-wide.
How to get to Bonn:
- From Cologne/Bonn airport (Flughafen Koeln/Bonn, CGN): The airport is well connected to the city centre by Airport-shuttle-bus No SB60 leaving from Terminal 2 every twenty minutes (a single ticket is 6.90 €, takes 30 minutes). It is also possible to rent a car or take a taxi, of course. The distance between airport and main train station in Bonn is around 30 km.
- From Frankfurt Airport (FRA), by train (1 hour)
- In case you intend to come by train; this is the best webpage for looking up train connections: www.bahn.de
How to get to the United Nations Campus:
- The meeting is to be held at
UN Campus – Langer Eugen
Hermann-Ehlers Str. 10
It offers excellent conferencing facilities, as well as a canteen with international cuisine and a cafeteria. Additional rooms will be accessible for parallel sessions and discussion groups.
Hotels in Bonn:
The following links provide some more information on the hotels:
- Hotel Eden am Hofgarten: Am Hofgarten 6, D-53113 Bonn, Phone: +49 (0) 228 289710, Fax: +49 (0) 228-225070
- Hotel Eden am Kurpark: Am Kurpark 5a, D-53177 Bonn-Bad Godesberg, Phone: +49 (0) 228 957270, Fax:+49 (0) 228-362494
- Hotel Kurfürstenhof: Baumschulallee 20, D-53115 Bonn, Phone +49 (0) 228 98505-0, Fax +49 (0) 228 632045
- Hotel Mozart: Mozartstr. 1, 53115 Bonn, Phone +49 (0) 228 659071, Fax +49 (0) 228 659075
- Hotel Villa Esplanade: Colmantstr. 47, 53115 Bonn, Phone +49 (0) 228 98380-0, Fax +49 (0) 228 98380-11
- Hotel Guennewig Residenz, Kaiserplatz 11, 53113 Bonn, Phone.: +49 (0) 2 28 - 26 97-0, Fax: +49 (0) 2 28 -26 97-7 77
E-mail: hotel.residence [at] guennewig.de
Rooms have been blocked at special rates in the hotels listed below
IMPORTANT: Please refer to the code "UN-SPIDER - CEOS" when making reservations.
|Hotel||No. of rooms blocked||Rate (EUR)||Contact||Deadline for booking||Timeframe|
|Eden am Kurpark||30||80.00||Ms. Dippe||23 April 2010||16-21 May 2010|
|Kurfuerstenhof||10||82.00||Ms. Donat||20 April 2010||16-21 May|
|Villa Esplanade||8||82.00||Mr. Schmitz||24 April 2010||16-21 May|
|Mozart||10||65.00||Ms. Heinemann||25 April 2010||16-21 May|