9th Regional Training Course on Earthquake Vulnerability Reduction
Location: Bangkok, THAILAND
Date: May 10-21. 2010
An earthquake can be a frightening and destructive natural event. With increasing population and the potential encroachment of urban development into areas susceptible to earthquakes,Vulnerability to earthquakes could intensify. However, we have begun to challenge the premise that earthquakes present an uncontrollable and unpredictable Hazard to life and property. With greater understanding of the causes and effects of earthquakes, we may be able to reduce damage and loss of life from these destructive events.
The course on Earthquake Vulnerability Reduction for Cities has been designed to achieve this goal. With healthy experiences in providing similar courses for natural Disaster mitigation within the Asian Region, ADPC provide a model training experience in this latest course by integrating well compiled study material, case studies, audio visual enhancement and interactive adult learning strategies.
• Overview on Urbanization, Urban Hazards, Vulnerabilities, Risk
and Disaster Management
• Earthquake Hazard and Risk Assessment Methods
• Earthquake Vulnerabilities
• Earthquake Vulnerabilities Reduction Methods
• Tsunami Hazard, Vulnerability Assessment Methods
• Planning for Vulnerability Reduction of Earthquake
• Implementation of Vulnerability Reduction Programs
For more information about this course please visit: http://www.reliefweb.int/rw/rwt.nsf/db900SID/OCHA-82569N?OpenDocument