The Geographic Institute Agustín Codazzi (IGAC) of Colombia, is organizing the 7th International Geomatic Week from 14th to 18th of August, 2017 in the city of Bogotá, D.C., Colombia.
This year the International Geomatic Week is focused on "Information technologies for the environmental and productive consolidation of the territory", as the theme and purpose of the event. The event will consist of master lectures, oral presentations, panel discussions, poster exhibitions, theoretical-practical workshops, and an academic and technological exhibition. The general objective is to show the evolution of Geomatics and its applications in order to contribute to the transformation of society in the search of creating better conditions of well-being in the population, higher levels of governance, and social and productive land planning.
The main subjects for this version of the Geomatic Week are:
- Innovative alternatives for detailed knowledge of the territory
- Decision support systems for territorial and risk management: GIS and SDI
- Innovations in technological development and land-use applications for land use planning
- Inventory and monitoring of natural resources
- Building a spatially enabled society
- Geographic information technologies in support of public and national security
Registration and detailed information is available on the conference website