EUTMETSAT is launching a new series of short online courses/webinars on data discovery for weather, oceanography, air quality and climate in September 2020.
The courses are open and address a wide range of attendees, from service providers to young (and less young) scientists and forecasters.
The format of each short course is a 1-2 hour webinar including a presentation and demonstration of data discovery and application. Participants will have the opportunity to interact with experts and ask questions. Some courses will include a follow-up self-paced phase where you are invited to explore the data and get feedback from experts.
List of sessions
1. How high is the sea? A discovery of altimetry data - 16 September 2020, 12:00 UTC
2. A light on heat: what radiation tells about soil, air and fire - 30 September 2020, 12:00 UTC
3. Satellite skills training online: a short introduction - 6 October 2020, 13:00 UTC
4. A summer of fires: the 2019 wildfires in Australia - 14 Oct 2020, 12:00 UTC; Feedback session: 19 Oct 2020, 12:00 UTC
5. A climate data record of "sunshine", SARAH - 28 October 2020, 12:00 UTC
6. The monthly weather briefing of EUMeTrain - November 2020, 12:00 UTC
7. The colour of the oceans - 25 November 2020, 12:00 UTC
8. What is a gridded dataset and how to create it? - 9 December 2020, 12:00 UTC
9. Advanced applications of a toolbox to analyse climate data - December 2020, 12:00 UTC