Centre de Recherche sur l'Information Scientifique et Technique
Language of event:
The 1st International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies for Disaster Management (ICT-DM'2014) aims to bring together academics and practitioners who are involved in the emergency services, emergency planning, disaster management and allied professions, to learn about latest developments, share research, experiences and information about this area.
Disasters are events that cause dramatic losses of life and property and have an impact on economy on a large scale. Disaster management functions on several levels - disaster relief, emergency response and further assistance. Information is of high value not just for coordinating emergency responses after a disaster struck, but also before it happens. The great potential of Information and Communication Technologies lies on their ability to sustain a constant flow of great amount of information and this makes it of great importance for the disaster management.
The International Conference on ICTs for Disaster Management 2014 hopes to get academics and practitioners together in order to share information and develop recommendations.
The Conference topics are:
- Communications systems for disaster management
- Coordination and Collaboration technologies and systems for disaster management
- Data/Information management and analysis for disaster management
- Geo-Information technologies for disaster management
- Preparation and mitigation for managing disasters
- Practices for risk reduction and rapid response in developing countries