Training: Disaster Management
This course helps in strengthening of the capacity of individuals to reduce the impact of disasters through enhancing their knowledge and skills to promote and adopt disaster reduction practices as an integral part of the development process at community, national, sub-regional and regional levels. It provides a range of learning opportunities to disaster managers who wish to include knowledge of disaster management in their on-going professional development.
This course has been developed in cooperation with national and international disaster organizations. Support has been received from a range of emergency/disaster management agencies and organizations;
The course provides participants with a regional, national and international perspective on disaster management. Special emphasis is placed on the specific disaster profile of each region/country and issues relating to vulnerability and risk assessment, prevention, mitigation, preparedness, rehabilitation and reconstruction and relevant legislation.
The major objectives of the program are to:
- Provide comprehensive knowledge to the learners on disaster preparedness, mitigation and rehabilitation.
- Enable the learners to carry out risk assessment and vulnerability analysis.
- Generate community awareness, and strengthen institutional mechanism for community mobilization and participation in disaster management.
- Develop communication skills for disaster preparedness.
- Create greater awareness about effective disaster response in various emergency situations.
For more information, please call-over at the INTER-CEPT (International Centre For Emergency Preparedness Training, Off Mombasa Road,1km from Daystar University) Monday through Saturdays between 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Kindly note that the INTER-CEPT offices are closed on Sundays)