Training Workshop on Applications of Geoinformatics in Disaster Management (collaboration with UNSPIDER- UNOOSA), New Delhi, 14-16 February
- Use of Space Technology in DM in light of Hyogo Framework for Action
- Introduction of Geoinformation Systems –Introduction to Remote Sensing, Geographic Information Systems and GPS
- Applications of Geoinformatics in Disaster Management
- Overview of Disaster Management Support (DMS) Programme.
- SAT COM Applications in the area of telecommunications, broadcasting, meteorology, tele-education and tele-medicine etc
- International Space Charter and Disaster Management
- GNSS and Applications in Disaster Management
- Open Source GIS and Web platforms – Intro to ISRO Bhuwan
- UN-SPIDER and Role in Disaster Management , Spatial data kit for Disaster Management and other Key international initiatives
- Development and Implementation of Disaster Management Information Systems, Issues and Challenges
Eligibility of Participants:
Senior and middle level officers working at State and District level, the State Disaster Management Authorities and Faculty members of state ATIs/SIRD involved in Disaster Risk Reduction activities
There is no course fee. Boarding & lodging arrangements are also provided by the Institute free of charge.
Last Date of Application:
1 Feb 2011
Selected candidates shall be informed latest by 5 February 2011. Regarding accommodation and local arrangements (selected candidates only) may please get in touch with the course team.
For furher information go to http://nidm.gov.in/ftraining.asp or PDF: http://nidm.gov.in/PDF/TrgReports/2011/February/14-16_NIDM.pdf