Organizadores del evento:
Fecha límite de inscripción:
Idioma del evento:
Experts from international institutions across the globe will share their experiences working in space technology for disaster mitigation, an increasingly critical field. The centre is jointly sponsored by TWAS and the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), and hosted by the CAS Institute of Remote Sensing and Digital Earth.
- Introduction of Space Technology for Disaster Mitigation and Disaster Risk Situation in Developing Countries
- Spatial Data Receiving and Processing
- Theory and Practice of Remote Sensing
- Data Management of Space Technology for Disaster Mitigation
- Disaster Risk Management Processes
- Assessment of Disasters Risk
- Application of Prevention and Mitigation Strategies
- Principles and Concepts of Recovery and Reconstruction
UN-SPIDER will provide a 1.5 hour training session.
How to register
(1) Applicants fill in the application forms and submit them to the SDIM Secretariat at sdim [at] radi.ac.cn or by fax +86-10-8217-8104. Application deadline is 4 April, 2014.
(2) The selection group will routinely examine the applications and notify the applicants of the decisions before 20 April, 2014. Invitations will be sent to the selected applicants for visa formalities at the same time.
Selected applicants will be provided with full support of their costs for air travel to/from China as well as accommodation, meals and transport in Beijing.
For more information, refer to the organisers' website: http://english.radi.cas.cn/News/UE/201403/t20140303_117104.html