UNDP has worked in Mozambique since 1976, when the agreement of cooperation between UNDP and the Government of Mozambique was made. The Standard Basic Framework Agreement attached below was signed just after Independence in 1976, and establishes UNDP’s presence in the country.
The legal authority for UNDP’s programme, within the framework of the United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF), is based on its Country Programme Document, which is approved by the UNDP Board, its Country Programme Action Plan and its Annual Work Plans.
The development objectives of the current CPAP , which ran from 2007 to 2009 and was extended to 2011, are focused on seven areas:
- Development Planning, Coordination and Monitoring
- Decentralization and Local Development
- Democratic Processes
- Justice, Security and the Rule of Law
- Trade and Private Sector Development
- HIV and AIDS and
- Gender Support to Capacity Development
More information: UNDP Mozambique