Idioma del evento:
The Earthquake Vulnerability Reduction Course (EVRC) has been designed to achieve the goal of supporting the creation of earthquake resilient society. With rich experiences in providing similar training courses on natural disaster risk reduction at international level, ADPC provides a model training experience in this course by integrating study materials, audio visual tools, and interactive learning strategies, while bringing together earthquake preparedness and mitigation experience from severely affected countries around the world.
Key issues covered in this course include:
- Relationship between rapid unstable development and earthquake vulnerability,
- Hands-on practices on diagnostic tools and techniques for earthquake hazard, vulnerability and risk assessment,
- Effective strategies for earthquake vulnerability reduction and resistance,
- Multi-sectoral partnership for implementing comprehensive earthquake vulnerability reduction strategies,
- Capacity building on earthquake preparedness & response functions, and planning &recovery for sustainable development.
All teaching and reference materials are in English.Participants must be fully conversant in English.