The workshop will provide an opportunity for cutting-edge presentations,
brainstorming and in-depth discussions. It will bring together a total of
80-100 decision-makers and senior experts from the following groups.
- National and regional institutions responsible for providing risk and
disaster management support, for the implementation and
maintenance of early warning systems, as well as for risk and
- National and regional institutions responsible for adaptation
strategies to climate change and Emergency and Disaster Medicine
- National and regional institutions responsible for capacity building in
and promoting the use of space-based technologies;
- UN-SPIDER Regional Support Offices, National Focal Points, and
- UN agencies and NGOs involved in disaster management mitigation
- Space agencies;
- Academic and research institutions;
- Geospatial Information Management and IT companies.